Regulations to Conduct the Prize Money Tournaments
Regulations to Conduct the Prize Money Tournaments for the Year 2018
1) A Prize Money Tournament shall mean a tournament conducted by Affiliated District Units/Clubs/Institutions, where cash money is offered as prizes as per rules and regulations formulated by GSTTA from time to time.
2) Application in prescribed form for Prize Money Tournament shall be submitted only by a District Association in whose jurisdiction the Prize Money Tournament is to be held.
3) Every “Prize Money” Tournament shall be held only after receipt of a written approval from the Association.
4) Affiliated Units who are given the options to conduct Prize Money Tournaments are required to pay a Royalty of ₹ 6,000/- for Juniors’ Prize Money Tournament and ₹ 10,000/- for Men’s and Women’s Prize Money Tournament to the State Association as soon as the option is given to them.
5) All the rules governing the Open Tournament shall “Mutatis” “Mutandis” apply to the Prize Money Tournaments.
6) Only current top eight ranked players of State as per the points gained by a player up to the last State Ranking Tournament shall be invited for Prize Money Tournament and two local players proposed by the concerned District Association in whose jurisdiction the Prize Money Tournament is conducted shall be invited for the Tournament.
7) Intimation to a player in regard to the Prize Money Tournament is entirely the responsibility of the State Association.
8) “Prize Money” Tournament may be held on league cum knockout basis.
9) “Prize Money” Tournaments shall compulsorily include the following events where Prize Money shall be offered.
(i) Mens singles and Womens singles
(ii) Junior Boys Singles and Junior Girls Singles
10) Prize Money : The minimum Cash Prize Money payable will be as under:-
₹ 10,000 /-
₹ 4,000/- each
₹ 3,000/- each
₹ 2,000/- each
₹ 1,500/- each
Junior Boys Singles
Junior Girls Singles
₹ 2000/- each
₹ 1500/- each
₹ 1000/- each
₹ 750/- each
11) Prize Money must be paid in full in Cash/Cheque or by Demand Draft at the prize distribution ceremony of Championship by the organizers of the Tournament.
12) Top eight ranked players in Mens & Womens / Junior Boys & Girls shall be provided free lodging & boarding by the organizers. In addition, to and fro IInd class rail fare or bus fare shall be paid to the all invited top eight ranked players by the organizers of the Tournament.
13) The prospectus shall inter-alia clearly state the details of Prize Money offered for each event and also the mode of play of the events.
14) The prospectus and invitation letter to the top 8 players and 2 local players shall be sent at least 8 days before the commencement of the Prize Money Tournament by GSTTA.
15) The Chief Referee and Umpires for Prize Money Tournament shall be nominated by the concerned District Association under whose jurisdiction the Tournament is conducted.
16) The Organizing Committee of the Prize Money Tournament shall provide Railway fare and free hospitality to the Chief Referee. Organizers will also provide free hospitality and reimburse railway fare to the President, Chairman, Hon. Secretary and Treasurer of the Association if they visit the Championship.
17) On all matters pertaining to the Prize Money Tournament not covered under the above rules, the decision of the Executive Committee of the Association shall be final and binding.
Gujarat State Table Tennis Association
Ward No. 5 / B
Near Guru Nanak Public School Opp. Tap Hospital Adipur-370205, Gandhidham (Kutch).