GSTTA launches upcoming League’s Logo on World TT Day
Intro: Vibrant ceremony was held at Gateway Hotel in Surat on Saturday
Surat, April 6 : Gujarat State Table Tennis Association launched the logo of the upcoming Gujarat Super League as it celebrated The World Table Tennis Day along with the Annual Awards 2018-19 in Surat on Saturday.
The State Association also rewarded international, national medalists, para athletes and state champions, in various categories, during the vibrant ceremony held at the Gateway Hotel here.
“This year The World Table Tennis Day celebrations are going to be all the more special. The blueprint for the up coming professional league is ready. It is one big leap. Very few associations have attempted it. As a president of the Association it is proud moment for me and I congratulate all the people who have worked hard for this,” said Shri Vipul Mittra, IAS, GSTTA president as he launched the logo.
GSTTA senior vice-president Nisheeth Mehta, senior vice-president Pramod Chaudhary, secretary Haresh Sangtani and treasurer Amit Choksi along with district unit officials attended the gala function during which 31-paddlers were honoured.
International paddler from Surat Harmeet Desai, who won gold in team event and bronze in men’s doubles at the Commonwealth Games in Australia besides historic bronze in the men’s team event at the Jakarta Asian Games walked away with the Overall Player of the Year award. It was a complete Surat dominance with Manav Thakkar and Frenaz Chipia, who recently got married, were named Best Men and Women of the Year. Manav was also part of the bronze medal winning men’s team at Jakarta Asiad.
Para Asian Games medalists Ahmedabad-based Bhavina Patel and Sonal Patel were also honoured.
Manush Shah of Vadodara, who played a crucial role in Senior and Junior National and Inter-State Championships was named Junior and Youth Boys player of the year. He also had bagged double – Youth and Junior Boys titles in 80th Junior & Youth National Championships 2018 held at Sonepat. Ahmedabad’s Kausha Bhairapure returned with a brace – Junior and Youth Girl awards.
• State champions Award winners:
Siddhi Bulsara (Navsari Cadet) and Himansh Dahiya (Ahmedabad Cadet), Namna Jayswal (Bhavnagar sub Junior) and Pratham Madlani ( Baroda Sub Junior), Kausha Bhairapure and (Ahmedabad Junior), Manush Shah (Baroda Junior), Kausha Bhairapure (Ahmedabad Youth) and Manush Shah (Baroda Youth) and Frenaz Chipia (Surat Senior Women) and Manav Thakkar (Surat Senior Men) .
• Senior National Championship Medallists: Jignesh Jayswal (Bhavnagar), Jalay Mehta (Baroda) and Ishaan Hingorani (Kutch)
• Junior National Championship Medallists:
Chitrax Bhatt (Ahmedabad), Karanpal Jadeja (Bhavnagar) and Dhairya Parmar (Ahmedabad)
• National Medalist : Shiney Gomes (Ahmedabad)
• Best Veteran Player: Kokilaben Patel (Baroda women), Hiral Mehta (Ahmedabad men)
• Best Coach Cadet and Sub Junior: Vismay Vyas (Baroda), Mazhar Suthar (Modasa)
• Best Coach Junior and Youth: Shailesh Gosain (Baroda) , Laveena Bharagava (Bhavnagar)
• Best Coach (Senior): Devesh Karia (Bhavnagar)
• Best Umpire (Non-IU): Yogesh Jani (Ahmedabad)
• Best Organised State Tournament: Anand District Table Tennis Association Best Overall Best Emerging District Association: Aravalli District Table Tennis Association Best Overall District Association: Bhavnagar Jilla Table Tennis Association